Mar 20, 2004

Meanwhile back at the ranch.....
I made it to the barn today--I sent an audio post while I was with Wyatt and normally he has a lot to say. Wouldn't you know he doesn't want to say anything on cue. The horses looked good today--the sun was shinning and they all had a big pile of hay. Happy campers. Got Wyatt and Lady & I took the shedding blade and raked off the mud. They are just now starting to noticably shed. When is it...April? isn't April the moon when the ponies shed? Saddled Wyatt and put the rope halter on Lady and we spent about an hour ponying around the property. Wyatt and I spent a few quiet moments by the van so I could get my phone to experiment with post by phone. As soon as I was done everybody decided to trumpet and yell for each other. Better luck next time. Dropped everyone's grain, gave Lady & Wyatt their evening hay, worked on lady's mane and tail, helped scott bring the rest of the horses in and we talked for a while about horses and people and horses--I can never get enough and their is always something to be learned or an interesting story. Took the long drive home feeling much better, but that was today. kst

No comments: