Mar 9, 2004

How's this for a football widow's revenge:NBC to Air Rolex Coverage

This year's event is April 22-25 at the Kentucky Horse Park. NBC will air a 90-minute recap of the event one week later on May 2, rounding out a weekend heavy on horse coverage, with the Kentucky Derby May 1.
The May 2 broadcast will be the first time since 1984 (besides the Olympics) that English-style riding has been highlighted on a major network.

Gee, I don't know, even if I didn't like horses all that much, I think the choice what to watch would be a given. Which would you rather do? 1. watch a guy meander all day around rolling green hills chasing a white ball, or 2. watch sport horses hurdling over obstacles even Martha Stewart would envy?

Besides, lots of my horsey friends have the dish network which offers various equestrian programs. Alas, I don't have cable or a satellite, so seldom do I get a horse fix from broadcast televison. Kst

No comments: