Mar 16, 2010

Back to Basics

Moved the horses again! Twice in 1 month. We've also had 55 to 60 inches of snow this season, which is a record. With moving, then the snow, the horses have not had much in the way of exploring their new surroundings. My LBI just seems to glare at me these days. He's finding it tiresome having to make new friends all the time, and I'm still adjusting to the new environment myself.

I passed online level one with Lady last April. That beautiful red string and certificate are especially meaningful as shortly after, Mom's cancer had ceased responding to treatment. By May, she was gone. Since then, We have bits of progress, in little spurts, but so many hurdles in the way. We are ready to proceed to Level two Freestyle audition--have been for a while. We have been playing in higher levels in all the Savvys for years, but being able to set things up to demonstrate our abilities, or proceed in a logical progression is dependent on the environment we are in. All the barns I have boarded at are not conducive to any type of natural horsemanship, and the Parelli system is extremely challenging to try and put in practice. Why? My horses care and well being is always the first thing on my to do list. After I check those things off the list, there is little time to take the time it takes. This really, has been the conundrum, but I still press on.

1 comment:

Kerrin Koetsier said...

Congratulations on passing your Parelli Level 1 last year - and keep at it! Remember, its ok to have a lull in your learning, as long as you don't stay in the doldrums!

Keep it natural,

Kerrin Koetsier
Parelli Central