Apr 2, 2004

Meanwhile back at the Ranch...
Yesterday I worked at the barn for Scott--I sent an audio post hoping to get the horses in the background. They usually chime in and neigh, "hello! hello! hello! when I first walk in. The phone picks up my voice loud and clear but being in the aisleway of the barn, it's hard for the phone to pick up the sounds. Well I'll keep trying. You can hear the horses towards the end, and scott and bill talking in the background. They had no idea what I was doing, i'm sure they thought another person was on the other end.

Scott told me he called his friend the manager at Tractor Supply to get me in there, as I had left an applicaton. Today I talked to the barn manager at a Hunter Jumper barn for full-time groom position. It's very close to where my horses are. It looks like a nice place to work. Jack, the manager would have hired me then and there as I have all the qualifications, but he has to run it by the head trainer there first. He wants to get someone in there before the 16th and I'm the first person who's responded. I think it would be great if my employment status could change very soon--like, now! It's getting pretty rough. The guy at tractor supply is on vacation so I can't talk to him til Monday, but I know which job I want. Call me crazy, but I'd rather clean stalls all day then stand at a cash register selling tractor supplies.

After that, went to see my horses and their friends: Shaka, Galano,Magic, Treasure,Bud, Sierra, Tai. I hope I didn't forget anybody. We used to have 12 horses but many have left. I picked out stalls, fed and hay, groomed Lady top to bottom. They were all happy and content when I left.

No comments: